Our client- a FTSE listed fintech company- is looking to recruit an interim Company Secretary on a 4-6 month contract. The vacancy arises as the company are looking to move from a service provider to the establishment of an in-house function. Reporting to the CEO and acting in a stand-alone capacity, the role encompasses the provision of full company secretarial services to the Group, as well as driving change and recommending the implementation of new procedures to the group going forward as the lead strategic partner to the board and senior stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, motivated to drive corporate governance best practice and have prior leadership experience within a listed company setting. If this sounds of interest, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Role and responsibilities
- Advising the board and senior management in relation to corporate governance matters including legal entities and funds
- Oversee and deliver day-to-day corporate governance and company secretarial services, including board/board committee governance and legal entity management
- Take action as appropriate in the wake of changes to corporate legislation and regulations in financial services
- Coordinate board member onboarding including induction and ongoing training
- Liaise with the global leadership to deliver strategic objectives of the office of the secretary
- Ad-hoc involvement in projects as required, including legal entity rationalisation and reorganisations;
Experience and qualifications
- ICSA qualified highly desirable and degree level background.
- Corporate solicitors with prior relevant experience are encouraged to apply
- Strong knowledge of corporate governance within the financial services industry preferable
Personal qualities and behaviours
- High emotional intelligence with an ability to build effective working relationships.
- Adaptable in approach
- Strong team player but equally able to work independently
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload under pressure
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1476