A full-service commercial law firm are seeking to hire a junior company secretary to join their highly skilled, rapidly expanding team based in Dublin city centre.
Key responsibilities of a junior company secretary include:
- Arrange all board meeting logistics including agreeing board calendars, sending calendar invitations and diarising agreed dates with Board of Directors
- Formulate board meeting agendas with input from the legal advisors and clients
- Collate all board papers into a board pack for circulation to the Boards
- Attend board meetings for the purpose of taking detailed board minutes
- Circulate draft board minutes and action points in accordance with an agreed timeline
- Liaise with the Boards in relation to their comments on the draft board minutes and incorporating the Boards’ comments into the minutes prior to each board meeting in accordance with an agreed timeline
- Issue action points from Board meetings to the identified responsible parties and follow up on matters arising and escalate, as required
- Assist with general meetings (as required) which includes providing notice of such meetings, collating proxy forms and ensuring sufficient votes have been received to hold the meeting
- Manage a variety of company secretarial duties including company incorporations, annual compliance, filings including annual returns with the Companies Registration Office and other ad hoc duties
- Establish and maintain statutory books and records
- Ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures, while actively contributing to process improvements within the team and to a positive office environment
- The candidate will also be expected to get involved in internal projects and initiatives arising from changes in statutory or regulatory obligations
As the junior company secretary, you will be university educated in law and/or business with previous experience working in a fast-paced environment (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). Strong communication skills, an ability to think on their feet, excellent attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills are essential. You will be Enthusiastic in nature, with a real interest in learning and developing new skills
If you are interested in this junior company secretary position based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Claire Dunwoody on the details provided for more information.