Assistant Company Secretary
Description of the Role
We currently have a vacancy for an Assistant Company Secretary to provide high quality, professional company secretarial support for entities within the Benenden group.
The role will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of corporate governance best practice in all entities within the Benenden group.
- Providing company secretarial support to a number of boards and board committees, including Chairman liaison, preparation of agendas, creation and collation of board packs, taking minutes, following up on action points and providing governance advice.
- Maintaining accurate documentation of corporate governance activities and processes, including updating and maintaining the statutory books for subsidiary companies.
- Managing the Benenden group policy framework to ensure that the policy framework is consistently applied, including maintenance of policy templates and guidance documentation and serving as the primary point of contact for advice on policies.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a company secretarial or senior administrative environment.
- A relevant professional qualification, e.g. ICSA part-qualified or qualified, or be prepared to study towards this.
This role is based in York however candidates must be willing to travel when required.
As a valued colleague, we offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement, excellent defined contribution pension scheme, free onsite gym, free car parking and the opportunity to work for an award winning organisation.
For further information on this role, please refer to the Role Profile.
At or around £34,500 per annum, pro-rata, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work
For the right individual, we could consider from 30 hours up to 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
9am, Monday 12th August 2019
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application was unsuccessful in this instance.
For further information about this role and working at Benenden please visit www.benenden.co.uk/vacancies
To apply for this position please provide a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.