Governance and Compliance Manager
OWN Trust is a recently established Multi Academy Trust, committed to providing the very best education to local schools in the Peterborough area. With 3 academies open and further growth plans, this is a unique opportunity to join a thriving organisation in its early stages.
We are looking for a Governance & Compliance Manager to work as part of the Executive Team in designing, implementing and supporting the highest quality governance across the Trust, both in its early stages and during its planned growth and development. It is expected that the role will grow with the planned expansion of the Trust. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Trust governance, in addition to local governance at our three schools in Peterborough. This will include both Trust Board and local governing body (LGB) delivery and panels, and will need to ensure a smooth process of agenda-setting and communication between Trust and LGB meetings throughout the academic year. They will support board and committee Chairs to strategically develop the Trust and LGBs including through Trustee and governor recruitment and board evaluation.
You will ensure high-quality Trustee compliance with the Education and Skills Funding Agency funding agreements, through the organisation of schedules, meeting paperwork, governor participation, clerking and website support, in addition to acting as Company Secretary.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for someone with strong governance experience to ensure we continue to provide an excellent service to our schools in OWN Trust, Peterborough.
The successful candidate will:
- have excellent insight and knowledge that will support the development a strong understanding of the education sector (ideally with direct school governance experience) and the impact of how good governance impacts outcomes for pupils
- have the relevant skills to ensure effective meeting management, and be able to prioritise conflicting demands
- have proven experience of stakeholder relationship management, and be comfortable fostering relationships with school and Trust staff at all levels
- show a personal vision aligned with OWN’s high aspirations and expectations of self and others
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills and a high standard of computer literacy