Company Secretary required for Legal Firm – Dublin, Ireland
Salary: Depending on Experience, plus attractive benefits package.
Job Title: Chartered Company Secretary / Company Secretarial Executive
Team: Funds Company Secretarial
Reporting to: Head of Funds and Asset Management
Our client are seeking an experienced Chartered Company Secretary / Company Secretarial Executive to work as part of a team based in Dublin. This role offers an excellent opportunity to develop your experience within a busy and successful team.
A key responsibility will be to ensure that communications between the Boards/Committees and the business operate effectively and to the highest standards and that standard company secretarial activities are completed in a timely and effective manner. There will also be extensive liaison with a wide range of external providers as well as members of the Funds and Asset Management Department within the company to facilitate board reporting.
The successful candidate will be expected to attend Board Meetings in person or by video conference and will be responsible for delivering high quality Minutes and ensuring follow up on action points.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE
- Working as part of a team
- Managing the business of a range of corporate entities through the setting of agendas and preparation and distribution of Board packs
- Coordinating and attending Board Meetings and shareholder meetings/AGMs where appropriate
- Preparing Minutes and matters arising for the Boards or Committees
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with the Chairpersons and Directors of each relevant entity
- Ensuring company secretarial procedures are properly managed
- Working with the Funds and Asset Management department to ensure that Board Pack submissions are of a high standard and that they meet Central Bank requirements for minutes and are suitable for presentation to the Board
- Assisting with the establishment and liquidation of corporate entities
- Assisting in ensuring that all Board and Committee Terms of References are regularly reviewed and updated as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
- Minimum of 5 years' Funds Company Secretarial experience in a legal environment essential
- Qualified Company Secretary preferred but not a pre-requisite
- Excellent minute-taking skills
- Strong attention to detail and proofing skills essential
- Ability to work under pressure and to flex/adapt to shifting time expectations
- High level of organisational skills with a good ability to prioritise workloads and work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the funds industry
Successful candidates must be able to maintain the confidence of the Boards and Committees and must have worked in the investment/funds management industry. They should have a good knowledge of investment management and regulatory jurisdictions and ideally either be undertaking or have completed professional ICSA exams
How to Apply:
Please apply in confidence with a copy of you up to date CV via this advert, or email; firstname.lastname@example.org