We are seeking a qualified professional with broad company secretarial experience in a listed plc environment. The successful candidate will take an important role in helping to devise and deliver the strategic objectives of the team, as well as providing mentoring (and potentially line management) of junior team members.
Culturally, the Secretariat function and the wider Group are actively seeking to build an agile and collegiate approach and, specifically, to embrace technology and new ways of working to enhance productivity. The successful candidate should therefore be open to new ideas and be an innovator themselves, who will be a key contributor to building a continually improving Secretariat.
- Work closely with, and when necessary deputise for, the Head of Secretariat and Senior Assistant Company Secretary in supporting the business and delivering team objectives
- Mentoring / Line management - lead, motivate and develop members of the Secretariat team
- Support the Group Company Secretary on matters impacting the Board
- Project Manage delivery of the AGM
- Support delivery of the Annual Report and Accounts and ancillary documents
- Secretary of an executive committee
- Advise on and ensure statutory / regulatory compliance (Listing Rules, Co Act, MAR etc.)
- Share knowledge and best practice and achieve a consistent approach for entity management across the Group
- Monitor the corporate governance environment and assess potential impacts on reporting and disclosure obligations
- Prepare reports / presentations to exec / Board
- Manage internal and external relationships as required, including management of Share registration and relationship with registrar