About the role:
The Corporate Secretaries team are looking to recruit a high-quality professional with PLC experience to support the Head of Secretariat and Board Secretariat help deliver key events including the circulation of Board and Committee papers via the Board portal, AGM, Report and Accounts, and the release of required stock exchange announcements. This role will also manage the day-to-day relationship with Unilever’s UK registrar.
This full-time role would suit a student on the ICSA qualifying programme or an ICSA accredited university programme. Being a GradICSA or ACIS will be an advantage.
The role will be based at Unilever’s London office in Blackfriars. Base salary will be competitive, plus exceptional benefits.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To assist in the coordination of setting the Board and committee agendas, collecting and timely sign-off of draft Board papers, ensuring correct formats, and the subsequent distribution thereof;
- To oversee the uploading of material to the Board portal, MeetX, and helping to ensure that MeetX is kept up-to-date and that relevant permissions are granted; assisting with electronic signatures as necessary;
- To assist in the day-to-day contact with Directors, including responses to Director queries as appropriate;
- To assist in keeping the Directors Information Pack up-to-date;
- To assist in Board exercises such as conflicts of interest, Board Evaluations, outside directorships, and biographies;
- To assist in the drafting of appointment documentation, arranging of NED induction programmes and Director information packs;
- To assist in the year-end sign-off process of disclosure forms, including share and other required statutory/regulatory disclosures, as appropriate, and verify, supply and liaise with other Unilever functions, including Unilever Archives, as required, to ensure such information is correctly recorded and disclosed in compliance documents produced by Unilever; assisting with the retrieval of Board papers as requested and appropriate.
- To manage the Global Results Restricted List (GRRL) and any Insider Lists as well as the related processes of additions and deletions to such lists including preparing communications to those on the GRRL and Insider Lists;
- To be responsible for regulatory announcements required to be made via RNS, AFM and the SEC in relation to Unilever’s share listings, including PDMR share dealings, share buyback programmes, and substantial interests;
- To assist in the release of announcements, including quarterly results announcements and keeping the related processes up-to-date;
- To be responsible for Cosec’s departmental control testing in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance programme;
- To assist in the project management and arrangements for the PLC Annual General Meetings and other General Meetings, including the drafting and management of the voting forms and other related documentation;
- To be the main day-to-day contact for PLC’s registrars, and be responsible for retail shareholder queries through the shareholder services contact points (email, mail and phone) and respond as appropriate;
- To assist in CSD’s input into the Group’s Annual Report and Accounts;
- To be responsible for the filing of the Annual Report on Form 20-F and associated exhibits, Notice of Meetings and associated voting cards with the US SEC, for both Unilever NV and PLC;
- To be responsible for the maintenance of PLC’s statutory registers;
- To assist in ensuring that the corporate governance pages of Unilever.com are kept up to date and new or amended policies are duly posted on the intranet/internet as appropriate;
- To be responsible for the drafting and publication of Unilever’s dividend calendar;
- To be responsible for PLC’s dividend stationary and subsequent payment, DRiP plan, Loan Note and Dissenter registers;
- To assist in the filing of the PLC Annual Return at Companies House.
Experience & Qualifications required:
- Currently studying on the ICSA qualifying programme or an ICSA accredited university programme as a minimum. GradICSA or ACIS will be an advantage.
- Experience working in a Company Secretarial Department.
- Computer Skills – Word, Excel. Having worked on a Board portal will be an advantage.
- Internal: Senior Management, Corporate Functions.
- External: Legal Advisors, UK Registrars, US Depositary bank, suppliers, government departments, Regulators, Companies House, Shareholders, the general public.
- Knowledge and application of the legal and regulatory requirements of a UK listed company.
- Experience of working with legal advisors and other third-party providers.
- Experience of liaising in a multinational corporate environment will be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
To apply please click on the 'Apply' button to be re-directed to the application page.
For enquiries please reach out to email@example.com