DMJ have exclusively been retained in assisting a recently listed leisure and retail group in appointing their first Company Secretary. Working with an excellent board this individual will look to build the company’s first in house framework regarding all Company Secretarial duties.
This is a standalone position and requires an individual well versed in running a plc secretariat.
This role reports directly into the Chair & Board.
• Support the Chair, Committees, NEDs, and other Executive Directors in ensuring effective governance of the business taking account of best practice guidance, including the UK Corporate Governance Code and associated guidance.
• Ensure all Board meetings are well managed and organised with relevant follow up to the ExCo on key points and actions.
• Advise on the Group’s scheme of delegations, authorities and accountabilities to ensure that a clear and effective framework exists for decisions to be taken and evidenced at the appropriate levels within the organisation.
• Responsible for establishing the Board calendar and for developing, in agreement with the Chair and CEO/CFO the agenda and necessary approval, for both Board and Committees.
• Facilitate productive two-way communication and information flows between the Board, Committees, and the rest of the business to ensure that: the Board and Committees are well informed about the business (performance, opportunities/risks, challenges, colleague views, environmental factors and trends, regulatory landscape etc)
• Working with external service providers as necessary, advise on, develop, manage and communicate the Group’s share-based incentives to ensure that they achieve high levels of motivation, retention, engagement and alignment with shareholder interests across the business.
• Manage the Group’s annual general meeting and other general meetings that may be required from time to time, ensuring not only that all statutory requirements in relation to convening and holding the meeting are met but that such meetings are a valuable part of the Group’s programme of investor engagement.
• Overseeing the regulatory input into the Annual Report including co-ordination of reports form all the major committees and the Company Secretary report.
• Acting as key legal oversight on the review of legal agreements that the Business enters into and advice to other members of the management team
For further information please apply through the portal or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org