Company Secretarial Assistant
The main function of your role will be to assist the company secretarial team with general administration. You will be involved with preparation of powers of attorney; updating company records and databases (PiMs and Blueprint); and arranging execution of legal documents (NDAs, contracts, deeds etc) In addition, you will:
- Arrange for Board Minutes, Board Resolutions and Bank Mandates to be executed.
- Process legal documents to be notarised, legalised and apostilled.
- Process bid documentation e.g. Directors details for bid team and business units.
- Process Know Your Customer” KYC” data for banks, firms and clients.
- Assist with communications relating to the Group’s shareholders.
- Provide administrative support around share transfers and maintenance of the Group share register (previous knowledge is not necessary, training will be provided).
- Assist the team with the AGM and other Directors’, shareholder, committee and sub-committee meetings.
- Process payments and invoices, e.g. to the Registrar of Companies, ICSA and Notaries Public.
- Assisting with the entity consolidation programme.
- Assist with general day to day legal matters.
- Other associated and related tasks, general secretarial and administrative duties including typing, filing, photocopying, processing post in and out and providing assistance to colleagues whenever necessary.
To join our legal team, you will need to be qualified to degree level with a keen interest in the law you need to have a high level of attention to detail when working under pressure and display a commitment to excellence.
You need to be highly adaptable and proactive as well as self-organised and motivated to assist your team and provide a great service.
You will need good IT skills in Microsoft office applications and be able to demonstrate a commitment to self-development where required. You will also need to demonstrate excellent team working skills.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Personable and professional
- Understands the importance of working with confidential information
- Has knowledge of Blueprint (useful but not a required as training can be provided)
- Is willing travel to our London office regularly
- Is happy to follow guidelines and processes
- Is looking for a busy role.
- It is desirable that you have experience of working for an in-house legal team or in a law firm and have working knowledge of the work of the Company Secretariat.
The legal department is a busy international team of professionals with experts based in the UK, Dubai, Singapore, Australia, and the US. The UK legal team deals with a variety of legal issues that arise daily in a company the size and complexity of Mott MacDonald and the global team of 33 is headed by our Group General Counsel, a practising solicitor with over 30 years of legal experience. Our role is to serve our internal clients, the Mott MacDonald project teams from various business sectors, by providing commercially focused legal advice and support.
In this role you will assist the Deputy Company Secretary with a range of administrative tasks and will be responsible for preparing powers of attorney; keeping company records and databases up-to-dateand arranging execution of legal documents and the like.
The role will be based in our Renaissance House, Croydon office which is a few minutes’ walk from East Croydon station with extensive network links to London, Surrey and Sussex. Regular travel to our inner London office will be required as you will be working closely with a member of the legal team based there. You will be an important member of the friendly Legal team which extends internationally.
The application process:
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you will need to upload your CV/resume. You are encouraged to upload a cover letter, to help explain why you are interested in working for Mott MacDonald and in particular what attracts you to the role applying for this role. The application deadline is Friday 18th January when applications will be reviewed by the legal team to shortlist for interviews, which will be held in Croydon.
If you have any questions or need to send us your application in a different format, please contact us at email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.