Assistant Company Secretary
This is a stimulating new role for an Assistant Company Secretary to join a small yet busy team. Reporting directly to the Company Secretary and Corporate Counsel, this is an exciting opportunity to join an international financial services organisation where you will act as Secretary to various Committees, including the Risk Committee and work to enhance and improve the overall governance framework. The fast-moving nature of the business will require a first-rate Chartered Secretary with a flexible and pro-active approach. If this sounds like a role you are interested in then apply today!
Roles and responsibilities
- Acting as Secretary to the Board’s Risk and Capital Management Committee.
- Preparing agendas whilst liaising with senior management.
- Effective minute taking.
- Preparing the draft Corporate Calendar.
- Supporting the Company Secretary & Corporate Counsel to enhance governance framework and to ensure there is compliance with statutory requirements.
- Undertaking various corporate governance projects as required and providing support on corporate projects.
- Deputising for the Company Secretary & Corporate Counsel when required.
- Maintaining statutory records.
- Keeping on top of changing company and corporate law and other regulatory requirements.
Experience and qualifications
- Degree and ICSA qualified
- Previous company secretarial experience including minuting and board support
- Experience of a financial services environment.
- Strong knowledge of company law and governance requirements.
Personal qualities and behaviours
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with high attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and work with people at all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to use initiative and prioritise high workloads.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.