As a student member you can:
- view support webinars on key study areas
- download past papers and marking schema to help you prepare for your exams
- access member-only technical guidance and resources in our knowledge centre
- join our student LinkedIn group to discuss study tips with peers
- enjoy exclusive discounts on a range of everyday products and services with ICSA Extra
- network and learn best practise at one of our events.
What is a chartered secretary?
Chartered Secretaries are high-ranking professionals with a diverse set of skills unique among many professions. Trained in corporate law, finance, governance and corporate secretarial practice, Chartered Secretaries are the focal point for independent advice about the conduct of business, governance and compliance. They can also offer legal and accounting advice and manage the development of strategy and corporate planning. For further information in connection to the role of a Chartered Secretary please visit the ICSA Website.
I am interested in a career as a chartered secretary in Ireland, what are my options?
- You can study the Chartered Secretary Qualifying Scheme (CSQS) and sit the exams in one of two sessions a year. CSQS is one of the most broad-based qualifying schemes available, equipping you for a variety of different career paths. Valued in Ireland and worldwide by employers, this highly marketable qualification comprises two levels, each with four modules. You may need to study all eight modules or, depending on your existing qualifications, you may be exempt from some.
- You can complete the MSc Management and Corporate Governance course run by the University of Ulster. The course is run part-time in Dublin (at the Marino Institute) or full-time in Jordanstown (at the University of Ulster). Successful completion of the course results in graduate ICSA membership as well as a qualification in Management and Corporate Governance.
- You can study the Certificate in Irish Company Secretarial Practice and Share Registration Practice. The course is held in Dublin and aims to offer a broad context of the company secretarial and share registration functions, whilst promoting a high degree of operational knowledge. The course is valuable to those who wish to learn about Company Secretarial Practise and Share Registration but do not yet wish to qualify as a Chartered Secretary.
Who do I contact if I need assistance with registering for a course or exam, or to discuss my exemptions?
Get intouch with the friendly student support team in London:
ICSA, Saffron House, 6-10 Kirby Street, London, EC1N 8TS
Phone: (+44) 020 7580 4741
Where can I access forms, course information and exam details?
Simply log in to MyICSA where you'll find all of the details relating to your course and lots of helpful links.
Local student support
Welcome to the Irish Region Student Group. To get involved please contact: email@example.com
If you are interested in participating in classes for the following ICSA subjects:
We look forward to hearing from you.
ICSA Student Group Committee