We are looking for annual company reports that provide a clear view of the company, its strategy, and how its board behaves and works. The judges are interested in reports that describe the business with thorough and relevant information, and that have a clear and logical flow. Winning reports will offer genuine insight into the workings of the company at its highest levels.
Evidence considered by the judges will include:
- Clear and relevant links made between strategy, risk, KPIs, sustainability and remuneration;
- The level of insight provided into how the board works, including how it manages risk, its approach to diversity (including gender), and attempted engagement with shareholders;
- Whether the report is an interesting and enjoyable read, and easy to comprehend;
- Whether the report truly sets the tone from the top and accurately describes the board’s work in providing leadership and oversight;
- Whether the report provides an honest appraisal of the year, with no material omitted; and
- Whether the report makes intelligent and helpful use of photos and graphics, and judicious use of case studies.
If you have any questions about the nomination or judging process please contact us.