Job title: Receptionist
Hours: Full time, 39 hours per week (Mon-Thurs 8.30am-5.30pm,
Salary: £22,500 per annum
Location: London, EC1N
ICSA: The Governance Institute is the professional body for governance. We champion good governance practices, provide qualifications, training and resources to members and governance professionals worldwide.
To help boards and organisations achieve their goals we:
- Develop and communicate good practice
- Train governance professionals
- Provide resources and expert guidance
- Support members in all sectors.
Purpose of Job
To assist in the smooth and effective running of ICSA reception and provide administrative support to the teams and Facilities Manager.
- Answering and forwarding phone calls as appropriate
- Meeting and greeting employees and guests and ensuring they are cared for in a professional, friendly and welcoming manner;
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post and arranging couriers;
- Managing the reception area and ensuring the reception area is kept tidy;
- Organising domestic and international travel arrangements including travel, hotel reservations, itineraries, maps and visas;
- Arranging internal, domestic and international meetings including room bookings, refreshments, lunches, conference facilities, venues, taxis, technical equipment, collating and distributing meeting materials.
- Providing meeting rooms diary management and ad hoc administrative support to the teams including archiving, typing, taking messages, faxing;
- Providing support to Executive Assistant if needed (including covering EA’s holiday).
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are met in the areas for which the jobholder is responsible.
- The post holder may be required to carry out other duties that are reasonably to be considered as within the scope and purpose of the job and the aptitudes of the job holder.
This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, so the actual duties and responsibilities will vary from the particulars of this job description.
- Good working knowledge of using MS Office to a competent level within an office environment, especially MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Understanding and applying high standard customer service
- Previous experience in a similar role as a Receptionist\Administrator would be an advantage
- Experience in answering telephone calls and meeting and greeting staff and external guests
- Experience in providing administrative support to the teams
- Excellent organisational, planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advance user of MS Office applications
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to deal with difficult customers
- Good numeracy skills and high level of accuracy
- Ability to deal with employees and external guests at all levels
- Act in accordance with ICSA values:
- Conscientious and resilient
- Flexible and adaptable.
Instructions to apply
If you think this role is for you, send us your full CV and a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role and why you think this role is for you. Please note, that we will only consider applications with a covering letter enclosed. Please submit your applications by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing Date: 6 January 2019 at midnight