Jersey, 13 April 2015 – Senator Ian Gorst, Chief Minister of Jersey is to provide the keynote address at ICSA Jersey’s annual conference on 24 April 2015 which looks at the challenges of doing business in an increasingly globalised economy.
Taking place at The Royal Yacht Hotel, Weighbridge, St Helier, industry experts and government representatives will discuss and debate the issues that will affect offshore jurisdictions over the next 12 months. The half-day conference will offer governance, risk and compliance (GRC) professionals practical solutions to these challenges and provide them with methodologies to benchmark their companies’ performance and increase the effectiveness of their current GRC initiatives.
A stellar line-up includes the following speakers:
- John Harris, Director General, Jersey Financial Services Commission who will be taking part in a panel discussion chaired by Tania Angell, Sanne Trust Company about the importance of implementing an effective culture of compliance. They will be joined by Mehul Kotedia, Director, KYCme and Janice Drum, Head of Compliance, Sanne Trust Company
- Emma Martins, Jersey Data Protection & Information Commissioner will consider the 2015 EU Data Protection Directive and consider what this means for Jersey’s existing data protection regime
- Jeremy Cross, Leadership Psychologist and Director of Bailiwick Consulting Ltd will examine how modern leadership styles are changing the face of business
- Colin Powell, Adviser – International Affairs, Government of Jersey will consider if financial information reporting such as the OECD’s Common Reporting Standard will be just another onerous layer of reporting compliance
- Chris Chilton, Account Director, Orchard PR will look at what social media actually means for businesses in terms of strategy, risks and opportunities.
Robert Le Corre, Branch Chair of ICSA Jersey commented: “This year’s conference promises to be the best yet. We have a great line-up of speakers and the subjects being addressed are particularly relevant to Jersey at the moment.”
Places can be booked online at https://www.icsa.org.uk/events/conferences-and-summits/jersey-conference-2015.
- Ends –
For further information, please contact Maria Brookes, Media Relations Manager:
+44 (0)20 7612 7072
+44 (0)7890 649 143
Notes to Editors:
- ICSA (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators) is the chartered membership and qualifying body for professionals working in governance, risk and compliance, including company secretaries. Our members work in all sectors and at every level of seniority. With over 120 years of experience, we champion high governance standards by providing qualifications, training, high-quality guidance and support (including technical resources, publications and software), and through our work with regulators and policy makers.
- ICSA Jersey branch: The Jersey Branch Council is an Associated Territory of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators International. The Jersey Council promotes the work and profession of Chartered Secretaries and of the Institute's activities in Jersey. It also represents the Institute's members who are resident or studying in Jersey in matters relating to qualifications, profession related matters and corporate governance. In achieving its objectives the Council works with the members, students, training providers, employers, regulators and other professional bodies.