Guernsey, 27 September 2017 – Nominations are now open for ICSA: The Governance Institute’s 2017 ICSA Guernsey Awards, which recognise accomplishments in the field of governance. Taking place at The Old Government House Hotel on 10 November 2017, the awards will celebrate the noteworthy achievements of individuals and teams in five categories and are open to all Guernsey-based members of ICSA.
Nominations, which may be self-nominated or submitted by a colleague, client or by a nominee’s Board of Directors, are invited for the following categories:
- Company Secretary of the Year: this award will be given to a company secretary who provides effective team and thought-leadership, shows mastery of the complex legal and regulatory environment and plays an added-value role in the governance of their organisation, including initiatives that have contributed to emerging best practice in the pursuit of good governance.
- Corporate Services Team of the Year: in order to be eligible for this award at least one fully qualified ICSA member should be part of the team.
- Corporate Services Officer of the Year: this award will be given to an individual who plays an effective and added-value role within the team and company in which they work. Attention will be paid to their mastery of legal and regulatory matters and the award will recognise their use and development of best-practice in the fulfilment of their role.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Award of the Year: this award will be given to either an individual or a team who have shown exceptional performance in advancing governance, risk and compliance activities within their organisation. To be eligible for the team award at least one fully qualified ICSA member should be part of the team.
- One to Watch: this award recognises both recent achievement and future potential in company secretaries and/or administrators who are still in the early stages of their career.
Nominations should be made online at www.icsa.org.uk/guernsey/annual-dinner-and-awards before the closing date of Tuesday, 10 October 2017.
“The Awards are open to all members whatever the sector - private, public and not-for-profit. With governance at an all-time high in terms of importance, I am delighted that their achievements can be recognised in this way. As the professional body for governance, it is important that we celebrate the high standards that our members bring to organisations on the island,” says Sara Bourne, ICSA Guernsey Branch Chair.
- Ends -
For further information, please contact Sara Bourne, ICSA Guernsey Branch Chair:
+44 (0)1481 737245
Maria Brookes, Media Relations Manager:
+44 (0)20 7612 7072
+44 (0)7890 649 143
Notes to Editors:
- ICSA: The Governance Institute is the professional body for governance. We have members in all sectors and are required by our Royal Charter to lead ‘effective governance and efficient administration of commerce, industry and public affairs’. With over 125 years’ experience, we work with regulators and policy makers to champion high standards of governance and provide qualifications, training and guidance.
- ICSA Guernsey branch represents the interests of over 400 members and students in the Bailiwick. Chartered status is conferred on those with sufficient and relevant experience who have passed ICSA’s Chartered Secretaries Qualifying Scheme or an ICSA Accredited Master’s Degree. For those looking for a successful career in the offshore financial services sector, ICSA offers a suite of qualifications in International Finance and Administration.