Jersey, 12 March 2018 – The leading role that Jersey’s governance professionals can play in ‘Managing Risk, Leading Change’ is the theme of this year’s ICSA: The Governance Institute’s annual conference at The Royal Yacht Hotel in St Helier. Taking place on 26 April, the conference will focus on data protection, stakeholder engagement and what proposed revisions to the UK Corporate Governance Code might mean for Jersey.
“Regulation of financial services continues to tighten and political uncertainty in the UK and Europe is creating greater instability in the market. Against this backdrop, Jersey’s governance professionals have an opportunity to take the lead and be at the forefront of thinking and innovation in governance, risk and compliance,” says Robert Le Corre, Chair of ICSA’s Jersey Branch.
“The conference is the ideal forum for company secretaries and other governance professionals to get to grips with the issues and opportunities facing Jersey, with expert input on topics including stakeholder engagement, GDPR, cyber security, conflicts of interest and personal development.”
This year’s line-up includes the following speakers:
- Peter Swabey, Policy and Research Director at ICSA who will be presenting innovative approaches to stakeholder engagement and ICSA’s report with the Investment Association into ‘The Stakeholder Voice in Board Decision Making’
- Sara Johns, a partner at Ogier who will be discussing the key questions at play for company secretaries in ensuring compliance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation
- Rob Shapland, Principal Cyber Security Consultant at First Base Technologies who will showing delegates how to respond to a cyber security breach
- Aidan Kearney, Psychologist, Carter Corson Business Psychologists will be showing delegates how to apply principles based in neuroscience, organisational behaviour and psychology to improve personal effectiveness
- Jennifer Palmer, Director, Goldstream Governance Ltd who will be offering invaluable insight into conflicts of interest
- Charis Evans, Business Development Director at ICSA will be presenting new initiatives for company secretaries and governance professionals, part of ‘A new agenda for ICSA: The Governance Institute’.
Places can be booked online here.
- Ends -
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Maria Brookes, Media Relations Manager:
+44 (0)20 7612 7062
+44 (0)7890 649 143
Notes to Editors:
- ICSA: The Governance Institute is the professional body for governance. We have members in all sectors and are required by our Royal Charter to lead ‘effective governance and efficient administration of commerce, industry and public affairs’. With over 125 years’ experience, we work with regulators and policy makers to champion high standards of governance and provide qualifications, training and guidance.
- ICSA Jersey branch: The Jersey Branch Council promotes the work and profession of chartered secretaries and ICSA's activities in Jersey. The branch also represents ICSA members who are resident or studying in Jersey in matters relating to qualifications, profession related matters and corporate governance. In achieving its objectives the Council works with the members, students, training providers, employers, regulators and other professional bodies.