Jersey, 6 February 2017 – ICSA: The Governance Institute is holding its annual conference at The Royal Yacht Hotel in Weighbridge, St Helier on 27 April 2017. The theme of this year’s conference is ‘Securing the Future’ and considers the important role that governance, risk and compliance (GRC) professionals have to play in steadying the ship during times of great risk and uncertainty.
Chris Hodge, Policy Consultant at ICSA and former Director of Corporate Governance at the Financial Reporting Council has been confirmed as the keynote speaker. Chris will be discussing the UK Government’s review of corporate governance.
Delegates will also benefit from expert input on topics including: leadership, minute taking, Brexit, interactive workshops and personal development. Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Peter Swabey, Policy and Research Director, ICSA: The Governance Institute, who will be presenting ICSA’s new guidance about minute taking
- David Press, Managing Director, DMJ Recruitment, who will be looking at how GRC professionals can increase their value in the workplace
- Dr Dina Gray, Strategic Business Consultant; Visiting Fellow, Cranfield University and Author, who will be considering how mindfulness can help simplify decision making and make management of board dynamics more effective
- Dennis Tourish, Professor of Leadership and Organisation Studies, Royal Holloway, University of London, who will be speaking on the subject of dysfunctional leadership in organisations.
“The regulation of financial services is now stricter than it’s ever been and political uncertainty in the UK and Europe is creating greater instability in the market. Our conference aims to provide delegates with the tools to approach the coming year with confidence and is an ideal reminder of the value of good governance,” says Robert Le Corre, Chair of ICSA’s Jersey Branch.
Places can be booked online at icsa.org.uk/jerseyconf17.
- Ends -
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Brookes, Media Relations Manager:
+44 (0)20 7612 7062
+44 (0)7890 649 143
Notes to Editors:
- ICSA: The Governance Institute is the professional body for governance. We have members in all sectors and are required by our Royal Charter to lead ‘effective governance and efficient administration of commerce, industry and public affairs’. With 125 years’ experience, we work with regulators and policy makers to champion high standards of governance and provide qualifications, training and guidance.
- ICSA Jersey branch: The Jersey Branch Council promotes the work and profession of chartered secretaries and ICSA's activities in Jersey. The branch also represents ICSA members who are resident or studying in Jersey in matters relating to qualifications, profession related matters and corporate governance. In achieving its objectives the Council works with the members, students, training providers, employers, regulators and other professional bodies.