Guernsey, 15 November 2017 – Winners of ICSA: The Governance Institute’s 2017 ICSA Guernsey Awards, which recognise the achievements of the island’s individuals and businesses in terms of good governance, were announced at a glittering awards dinner at The Old Government House Hotel on Friday 10 November 2017.
The awards saw Carey Group’s Nikolett Mezei crowned winner of the coveted Company Secretary of the Year spot, with Intertrust Group winning three of the four other categories on offer. The full list of winners is as follows:
- Company Secretary of the Year: Nikolett Mezei, Carey Group
- Corporate Services Team of the Year: Aztec Financial Services (Guernsey) Limited
- Corporate Services Officer of the Year: Rebecca Settle, Intertrust Group
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Award of the Year: Sarah Willis, Intertrust Group
- One to Watch: Hannah Le Page, Intertrust Group.
ICSA student success was also celebrated at the awards, with Guernsey students achieving the highest marks internationally in the following categories:
- Chartered Secretaries Qualifying Scheme (June 2017 exam)
J F Clark prize for best Corporate Law mark internationally – Mr Justin Graham
- International Finance and Administration (IFA) qualifications (June 2017 exam)
ICSA prize for best IFA Level 4 Core Modules mark internationally – Miss Jodie Finigan
- IFA (November 2016 exams)
ICSA prize for best IFA Level 4 Accounting mark internationally – Ruairidh Hanley
ICSA prize for best IFA Level 4 Investment mark internationally – Miss Jodie Martel
- Diploma in Offshore Finance and Administration (November 2016 exam)
ICSA prize for best DOFA Portfolio Management mark internationally – Mr Matthew Budd
Sara Bourne, ICSA Guernsey Branch Chair, commented: “Good governance benefits companies throughout the globe, by establishing a framework of processes and attitudes that add value to the business, help to build reputation and can ensure long-term continuity and success. Governance professionals who support and advise the boards of organisations, large and small, across all sectors and in all industries, have never been more in demand or relevant than they are today. It is wonderful that we are able to recognise the achievements of members and students in such a visible way and I am grateful to our sponsors Board Intelligence, Brainloop, Intertrust Group and Perivan for their support.”
- Ends -
For further information, please contact Sara Bourne, ICSA Guernsey Branch Chair:
+44 (0)1481 737245
Maria Brookes, Media Relations Manager:
+44 (0)20 7612 7072
+44 (0)7890 649 143
Notes to Editors:
- ICSA: The Governance Institute is the professional body for governance. We have members in all sectors and are required by our Royal Charter to lead ‘effective governance and efficient administration of commerce, industry and public affairs’. With over 125 years’ experience, we work with regulators and policy makers to champion high standards of governance and provide qualifications, training and guidance.
- ICSA Guernsey branch represents the interests of over 400 members and students in the Bailiwick. Chartered status is conferred on those with sufficient and relevant experience who have passed ICSA’s Chartered Secretaries Qualifying Scheme or an ICSA Accredited Master’s Degree. For those looking for a successful career in the offshore financial services sector, ICSA offers a suite of qualifications in International Finance and Administration.
- Photos of the winners are available from email@example.com