Isle of Man, 10 February 2017 – ICSA: The Governance Institute is holding its annual conference at the Sefton Hotel, Douglas on 10 May 2017. The theme of this year’s conference is ‘Securing the Future’ and considers the important role that governance, risk and compliance (GRC) professionals have to play in steadying the ship during times of great risk and uncertainty.
Chris Hodge, Policy Consultant at ICSA and former Director of Corporate Governance at the Financial Reporting Council has been confirmed as the keynote speaker. Chris will be discussing the UK Government’s review of corporate governance.
Delegates will also benefit from expert input and interactive workshops on topics including: leadership, minute taking, financial risk management and mindfulness. Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Peter Swabey, Policy and Research Director, ICSA: The Governance Institute, who will be presenting ICSA’s new guidance about minute taking
- Dennis Tourish, Professor of Leadership and Organisation Studies, Royal Holloway, University of London, who will be speaking on the subject of dysfunctional leadership in organisations
- Steve Billinghurst, Advisory Director, PwC, who will be demonstrating how firms can apply, measure and manage risk effectively across an entire business
- Dr Dina Gray, Strategic Business Consultant; Visiting Fellow, Cranfield University and Author, who will be considering how mindfulness can help simplify decision making and make management of board dynamics more effective.
“The regulation of financial services is now stricter than it’s ever been and political uncertainty in the UK and Europe is creating greater instability in the market. Our conference aims to provide delegates with the tools to approach the coming year with confidence and is an ideal reminder of the value of good governance,” says Christine Clucas, Chair of ICSA’s Isle of Man Branch.
Places can be booked online at icsa.org.uk/iomconf17.
- Ends -
For further information, please contact Christine Clucas, ICSA Isle of Man Branch Chair:
+44 (0)1624 687 068
Martin Norbury, Isle of Man Advertising:
+44 (0)1624 620 440
Notes to Editors:
- ICSA: The Governance Institute is the professional body for governance. We have members in all sectors and are required by our Royal Charter to lead ‘effective governance and efficient administration of commerce, industry and public affairs’. With over 125 years’ experience, we work with regulators and policy makers to champion high standards of governance and provide qualifications, training and guidance.
- ICSA Isle of Man branch was established in the early 1980s and represents the interests of approximately 450 members and students. Chartered status is conferred on those with sufficient and relevant experience who have passed ICSA’s Chartered Secretaries Qualifying Scheme or an ICSA Accredited Master’s Degree. For those looking for a successful career in the offshore financial services sector, ICSA offers a suite of qualifications in International Finance and Administration, as well as a Diploma in Offshore Finance and Administration.