Guernsey, 13 September 2016 – ICSA: The Governance Institute is to reward teams and individuals for exemplary achievement in the field of governance at an awards dinner at The Old Government House Hotel on 11 November 2016.
“Governance is at an all-time high in terms of its importance to global industry and society in general, and it is great that we can recognise the achievements of our members by incorporating awards into our annual branch dinner,” says Sara Bourne, ICSA Guernsey Branch Chair. “Our members deal with complex issues such as corporate restructuring, shareholder relations, company law, corporate governance, regulation and compliance on a daily basis and we want to celebrate the important role that they play. The Awards are open to all Guernsey-based ICSA members at any level, working for private, public and not-for-profit organisations, and nominations are welcome for both individuals and teams.”
Nominations, which may be self-nominated or submitted by a colleague, client or by a nominee’s Board of Directors, are invited for the following categories:
- Guernsey Company Secretary of the Year: this award will be given to a company secretary who provides effective team and thought-leadership, shows mastery of the complex legal and regulatory environment and plays an added-value role in the governance of their organisation, including initiatives that have contributed to emerging best practice in the pursuit of good governance.
- Guernsey Corporate Services Team of the Year: in order to be eligible for this award at least one fully qualified ICSA member should be part of the team.
- Guernsey Corporate Services Officer of the Year: this award will be given to an individual who plays an effective and added-value role within the team and company in which they work. Attention will be paid to their mastery of legal and regulatory matters and the award will recognise their use and development of best-practice in the fulfilment of their role.
- Guernsey Governance, Risk and Compliance Award of the Year: this award will be given to either an individual or a team who have shown exceptional performance in advancing governance, risk and compliance activities within their organisation. To be eligible for the team award at least one fully qualified ICSA member should be part of the team.
- One to Watch: this award recognises both recent achievement and future potential in company secretaries and/or administrators who are still in the early stages of their career.
The closing date for nominations is Friday, 7 October 2016. Interested parties should contact Paul Smith, Chairman of the Judging Panel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ends -
For further information, please contact Sara Bourne, ICSA Guernsey Branch Chair:
+44 (0)1481 737245
Maria Brookes, Media Relations Manager:
+44 (0)20 7612 7072
+44 (0)7890 649 143
Notes to Editors:
- ICSA: The Governance Institute is the professional body for governance. We have members in all sectors and are required by our Royal Charter to lead ‘effective governance and efficient administration of commerce, industry and public affairs’. With 125 years’ experience, we work with regulators and policy makers to champion high standards of governance and provide qualifications, training and guidance.
- ICSA Guernsey branch represents the interests of over 400 members and students in the Bailiwick. Chartered status is conferred on those with sufficient and relevant experience who have passed ICSA’s Chartered Secretaries Qualifying Scheme or an ICSA Accredited Master’s Degree. For those looking for a successful career in the offshore financial services sector, ICSA offers a suite of qualifications in International Finance and Administration, as well as a Diploma in Offshore Finance and Administration.