Isle of Man, 2 April 2015 – ICSA’s 2015 Isle of Man Corporate Governance Conference will take place at the Best Western Palace Hotel & Casino, Douglas, on 14 May 2015.
The Isle of Man Conference 2015 will provide governance, risk and compliance professionals with a forum to network, learn from peers and hear from industry experts on the latest thinking in corporate governance; thought leadership on risk management, and the latest regulatory and legal changes that will affect businesses.
The opening address will be given by Laurence Skelly MHK, Minister, Department of Economic Development. Other topics and speakers include the following:
- Examining new guidance for boards on risk
- The Bribery Act by Adrian Bond, Practice Manager and Compliance Officer, Bond Solicitors
- Conflicts of interest: competency vs independence by Vanessa Jones, Director, Corporate Legal Solutions Limited
- EU Data Protection Directive update by Iain McDonald, Isle of Man Data Protection Supervisor, Office of the Data Protection Supervisor
- The Company Secretary: building trust through governance? by Peter Swabey, Policy & Research Director, ICSA
- Dirty cash? Best practice in anti-money laundering
- Effective boards: taking responsibility by Bob Semple, Company Director
- A panel session on transparency versus competitiveness.
ICSA Chief Executive Simon Osborne says: “Governance, risk and compliance are all ever-changing agenda items. Using real-world examples and case studies the speakers will offer tried and tested methodologies to increase the effectiveness of GRC initiatives and to help you benchmark your company's performance.”
Adrian Tinkler, ICSA Isle of Man Branch Chairman, says: “Following the success of the inaugural conference last year we are very much looking forward to this year’s event and are sure chartered secretaries and their GRC colleagues will find it an invaluable forum.’
For booking and more information please visit https://www.icsa.org.uk/events/conferences-and-summits/iom-2015
- Ends -
For further information, please contact Adrian Tinkler, ICSA Isle of Man Branch Chair
Adrian.Tinkler@marsh.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 (0)7467 441223
Martin Norbury, Isle of Man Advertising & PR:
+44 (0)1624 620440
Notes to Editors:
- ICSA (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators) is the chartered membership and qualifying body for professionals working in governance, risk and compliance, including company secretaries. Our members work in all sectors and at every level of seniority. With over 120 years of experience, we champion high governance standards by providing qualifications, training, high-quality guidance and support (including technical resources, publications and software), and through our work with regulators and policy makers.
- ICSA Isle of Man Branch was established in the early 1980s and represents the interests of approximately 450 members and students. Members are qualified as Chartered Secretaries who have completed the Institute’s rigorous examinations and work as administration, governance, risk, and compliance professionals. Students study towards the Certificate and Diploma in Offshore Finance and Administration before completing the Chartered Secretaries Qualifying Scheme, with modules including accounting, law, investments, business management, and governance.