London, 5 June 2015 – Peter Montagnon, Associate Director at the Institute of Business Ethics has been confirmed as the keynote speaker at this year’s ICSA Scotland Conference. He will consider the case for becoming a principles-led organisation.
Sharon Constancon, Managing Director of Genius Methods will continue the theme as she takes delegates through some real-life boardroom scenarios to demonstrate what an effective board looks like and how it defines and embeds corporate culture.
Gary Gray, ICSA Scotland Branch Chair said: “Board culture is inevitably linked to business success and recent events have shown that much remains to be done. This conference will provide governance, risk and compliance professionals with a forum to network, learn from peers and hear from industry experts on the latest thinking in corporate governance. They will also be privy to thought leadership on risk management and get to hear about the latest regulatory and legal changes that will affect businesses in Scotland.”
Taking place on 10 June at The Royal College of Physicians, 9 Queen Street, Edinburgh EH2 1JQ, the conference will also focus on the following areas affecting business practitioners in Scotland:
- Audit and risk: committees, control and disclosure. Tim Copnell, Founder of KPMG’s UK Audit Committee Institute will discuss the increasing expectations made of audit committees and consider strategies for improving their effectiveness
- Cyber crime: managing the threat. Rob MacGregor, Cyber Threat Detection & Response, PwC will raise awareness of some key cyber risks and demonstrate how companies can reduce their exposure to cyber attack.
- Subsidiary governance. Lloyds Banking Group’s Lysanne Black, Head of Secretariat, Governance & Subsidiaries will look at the difficulties of exercising control over subsidiary activities which are legally separate, have their own boards and management teams and are often highly independent. She will consider what robust subsidiary governance looks like and demonstrate how companies can maintain appropriate levels of oversight.
- Ends -
For further information, please contact Maria Brookes, Media Relations Manager:
+44 (0)20 7612 7072
+44 (0)7890 649 143
Notes to Editors:
- ICSA (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators) is the chartered membership and qualifying body for professionals working in governance, risk and compliance, including company secretaries. Our members work in all sectors and at every level of seniority. With over 120 years of experience, we champion high governance standards by providing qualifications, training, high-quality guidance and support (including technical resources, publications and software), and through our work with regulators and policy makers.
- The full conference programme can be viewed here: https://www.icsa.org.uk/events/conferences-and-summits/icsa-scotland-conference-2015