Guernsey, 21 April 2015 – Fiona Le Poidevin, Chief Executive of the Channel Islands Securities Exchange (CISE) has just been announced as a speaker at the ICSA Guernsey Conference 2015. Fiona will discuss how the new CISE has overcome the issues that saw the old Channel Islands Stock Exchange hit the headlines and divulge what’s on the horizon for companies listed on the CISE.
Taking place on 29 April at the St Pierre Park Hotel, St Peter Port, the half-day conference also features the following speakers and topics:
- Peter Montagnon, Associate Director at the Institute of Business Ethics will provide a keynote address about ‘Ethics in governance’
- Sally Rochester and Alex Adam of Deloitte will consider ‘The state of compliance in Guernsey’
- Simon Osborne, ICSA Chief Executive will speak on the theme of ‘Governance versus commerciality’
- Lorraine Young, ICSA UKRIAT President will cover ‘Directors duties’
- Angie Turner, Managing Director and Founder of Select Training will look at ‘Effective leadership: principles and strategies’
- Anna Bateson, Founder of Cutting Through the Grey will discuss ‘Developing situational intelligence’.
Tom Lancaster-King, Chair of ICSA’s Guernsey Branch says: “I look forward to hearing from Fiona and the other speakers at this year’s conference. We have a stellar line-up this year and it is a great opportunity for people working in governance, risk and compliance (GRC) to hear from industry experts, regulators and business advisors about the issues facing GRC professionals in Guernsey. It is clear that businesses in Guernsey and elsewhere can derive genuine value from operating within a good governance framework. I look forward to the keynote address on ethics in governance as well; a lot of trust has been lost since the financial crisis and I imagine that this will be a key area for businesses going forward.”
Places can be booked online at https://www.icsa.org.uk/events/conferences-and-summits/icsa-guernsey-conference-2015
– Ends –
For further information, please contact Maria Brookes, Media Relations Manager:
+44 (0)20 7612 7072
+44 (0)7890 649 143
Notes to Editors:
- ICSA (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators) is the chartered membership and qualifying body for professionals working in governance, risk and compliance, including company secretaries. Our members work in all sectors and at every level of seniority. With over 120 years of experience, we champion high governance standards by providing qualifications, training, high-quality guidance and support (including technical resources, publications and software), and through our work with regulators and policy makers.
- ICSA Guernsey Branch represents the interests of over 400 members and students in the Bailiwick. Members are qualified as Chartered Secretaries who have completed the Institute’s rigorous examinations and work as administration, governance, risk, and compliance professionals. Students study towards the Certificate and Diploma in Offshore Finance and Administration before completing the Chartered Secretaries Qualifying Scheme, with modules including accounting, law, investments, business management, and governance.